Sunday mornings. Sunday School. Awana. Mid-week services. Outreach. Family game night. Child care for adult events. VBS. Summer camp. Curriculum. Volunteers. Crafts. And the kids ministry task list goes on and on.
As the world grows smaller and more connected through technology and social media, it is not only easier to identify ministry challenges, but it is also easier to find resources to alleviate those challenges.
AWANA has a great new resource that not only helps identify some kids ministry challenges, it offers solutions and advice to help you meet those challenges.
The Gospel Truth about Children’s Ministry was years in the making, AWANA spent several years researching, asking questions, and assembling focus groups, all with the goal of finding the problem, then supplying a solution.
How about you take a few minutes and think about this:
- What are the greatest ministry challenges you face?
- What is the most important aspect of your ministry?
- How important is family ministry?
- Is your children’s ministry effective at making disciples?
How would you like to compare your thoughts to those of over 1,000 kids ministry leaders? You can with The Gospel Truth.
I have a feeling you will find your thoughts will be very similar to those of the survey takers. My answers and thoughts matched very closely to the majority of the survey findings. That tells me that many in kids ministry not only think the same way I do, but also are facing many of the same challenges.
This is not just a book of facts and survey answers. It is full of thought provoking questions and commentary. If you were to prayerfully and honestly answer some of the questions I think you will find yourself being stretched to a place of growth and will better yourself as a leader in your ministry.
Awana does not simply provide questions and research, but three possible solutions to the challenges we face. Check out the book to see what they are!
- Do you like research? This book is for you.
- Are you overwhelmed in ministry? This book is for you.
- Do you want to better yourself as a kids ministry leader? This book is for you.
Latest posts by Ron (see all)
- Streaming Christian Movies- a review and a free movie code - August 10, 2017
- What is my purpose? : Family Devotion - July 18, 2017
- Myth of Balance : a review - July 12, 2017